Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

13 Crystal Skulls

CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

13 Crystal Skulls Empty 13 Crystal Skulls

Post by CommanderStarDud Mon 09 Jun 2008, 8:41 pm

Well if you dont know some people have found crystal skulls that were made by the Aztecs or the mayans I dont remember which one but they have found that there are a total of 13 crystal skulls and these sceintests say that if they arent found by December 21(or 31) 2012 that doomsday will destroy us all like an apocalypse but if they are found that they will unite and protect us all some how now what do you guys think do you think there smart people and we're all going to die or there a bunch of baffoons personaly I think there crazy baffoons but what do you think?
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : 13 Crystal Skulls Tradej11

13 Crystal Skulls Empty Re: 13 Crystal Skulls

Post by Kyouri Kai Thu 10 Jul 2008, 9:21 am

"The skulls were claimed to represent the art and religion of these peoples. Some even said the skulls had special, even supernatural, powers.

Scientists say this is not true.

Nonetheless, the giant crystal skull that mysteriously arrived at the Smithsonian 16 years ago is out of its locked cabinet in Walsh's office and will be on public view until Sept. 1.

Studying this skull led Walsh to extend her investigation into crystal skulls in other museums and to conclude that all are fakes, made in the 19th and 20th centuries.

"In the past, most carved skulls were assumed to be ancient," she said. After all, why would someone go to the trouble of faking one?

Still, she is glad it arrived at her doorstep and prompted the study. "This particular object has told us a whole new story," she said.

Of the many crystal skulls in museums and private collections around the world, the Smithsonian's is one of the largest, at 10 inches (25 centimeters) high and weighing 30 pounds (13.6 kilograms). It was mailed to the museum anonymously, accompanied by a note claiming it was of Aztec origin.

It is not, Walsh said.

The skulls were carved from blocks of quartz — sometimes called rock crystal — and show the marks of modern carving tools. That means they were not made before the 19th century. The Smithsonian one, she said, seems to have been made between 1950 and 1960.

Indeed, no crystal skulls have ever been found at an archaeological site.

True, skulls appear in Aztec and Toltec art. But, as scientists point out, they always were carved in relief in basalt, a dark rock.

Scientists think the crystal skulls were made in Europe and Mexico, most in the 19th century, a period when there was a thriving market in antiquities, real and fake.

What about their claimed special powers?

Here's what the British Museum has to say:

"Large quartz crystal skulls have generated great interest and fascination since they began to surface in public and private collections during the second half of the 19th century. The British Museum views the skull in its collection as an enigmatic object of great interest but with no supernatural properties."

None of this, though, discourages movies from featuring crystal skulls or museums from joining in. Indeed, in addition to putting its skull on display, the Smithsonian is reporting on the topic in Smithsonian Magazine's July issue and featuring the skulls in a documentary Thursday night on the Smithsonian Channel.

Crystal skulls also are public view at the British Museum in London and the Musee du Quai Branly in Paris."

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/science/2008-07-09-smithsonian-crystal-skulls_N.htm?csp=34

I'm not totally against conspiracy theories, and this may be one way to cover up any theory of what you speak of in order to sway the human populous that nothing is amiss with 2012, but I'm not so sure. Do I think it is possible that an ancient civilization was able to use tools that are more 'modern' that what we use today? Sure.. we still can't duplicate the pyramids in Egypt, nor have we ever fully devised the block linking method used by those ancient Aztecs and Mayans (pooring molten metal directly into precisely carved grooves in the stone in order to hold the pyramid stones in place). So for some anthropologist to simply dismiss the notion that these skulls could not be from an ancient civilization based upon the 'modern' tooling used in creating them leaves me to believe that the 'psuedo-science' of anthropology leaves alot to be desired in the field of science and knowledge. (Not a believer that man evolved from apes, lest we still be seeing the evolution occurring [hence no 'missing' link] or the exstinction of apes altogether.)

On the other hand, do I believe that all these 'alleged' crystals skulls must be united in order to prevent a world catasrophy? *shrugs* I'm not actually a firm believer in anything other than what I have already personally experienced and those things that flow from it or are related to it. I suppose it could be possible given all the anamolies that occur in the world, but my human brain simply cannot devise a method in which to use those skulls short of a major beam of light or high-pitch resonance occurring from the grouping of the skulls that would signal humanities belief and unity as a whole to show those in the realms beyond our Milky Way Galaxy that 'we get it.. so leave us alone for another billion years'.
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Fri 11 Jul 2008, 12:41 am

Hmm well that was interesting and I still dont think that they're right but if by a tiny chance they are Im safe Cause a guy in Indiana has a crystal skull lol 13 Crystal Skulls 245150
    but that was very interesting what I want to know is what they think is acualy going to happen if they think its aliens then why havent we seen any and I saw in your post it said that some scientists say its nothing so you dont really know about it but it seems unlikely to me. i don't know

And in a little show they did on the telivision it was about scientists superstitions about these skulls and things like that they said that they think they had seen a crystal skull on the moon and they showed a picture it didnt look like a crystal skull or anything it was a picture and there were black spots all over the moon so the light could of hit it just right to cast the shadow of a skull Im going to see If I can find the picture they used and put it here it dosent matter to me its just so you can see
    Kellitor
    Kellitor
    sho'dan
    sho'dan

Post by Kellitor Thu 24 Jun 2010, 11:23 pm

I've also heard of these skulls, I saw a thing on them on The Discovery Channel, or possible The History Channel.
    Like you both said, there is a lot of debate going on around them, about their 'powers' and their 'prophecy'.
    I don't know that I agree with the scientists that the skulls could not have been created by a civilization that is behind us, because I personally think that our current technology has actually blinded us of the things that humans can do with little means.
    I do doubt though, the fact that they believe that these skulls have some sort of computer chip of sorts in them, that would create this type of doomsday thing to happen.

Even in my doubt of their power, I like to believe one of the theories, simply because I like to give myself -some- silly little mythological hopes.
    One of the theories is that these weren't created by the hands of men at all, but were dropped by extraterrestrials as some sort of strange communication towards us.
    How cool would that be, if these crystal skulls are actually just a little note from the martians saying "Yo, wuzzup?"

Yeah, that's my two cents on this topic.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : 13 Crystal Skulls Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Mon 28 Jun 2010, 10:43 pm

*nods* I agree. It would be cool to find out that some other 'out there' peoples left the skulls as some sort of communication. Heck, if that's the case, tis much better than leaving a real skull on a stick *pictures all the cannibal tribes*. Besides, skulls made out crystal? Seems someone, or some thing, has a sort of reverence for the human skull. Could be something akin to what Jesus allegedly said in the Nag Hammadi scrolls - that knowledge is the thing to possess which resides in the brain. Definitely something worth protecting and reverencing. Although I'd still like to see all the skulls positioned in a manner that they connected like the 5th Element and shot a huge beam of light for all the worlds to see.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content