Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Master of Deception

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Master of Deception Musici10

Master of Deception Empty Master of Deception

Post by Watari Wed 27 Aug 2008, 3:44 pm

I have always pondered what makes one person deceive another or themselves for any length of time? Is it fear of others not accepting who you are that makes you want to deceive or is it out of pure malice that one deceives? Some people use deception to get a job they want even though they're not qualified for it, others use deception to gain peoples trust in hopes to gain something in their favor.

When I was young I realized that government used deception to gain the publics favor, they had to in order to get what they wanted, most people would just turn a blind eye but a small group would actually rally together and band together for the sake of fighting the propaganda, that started my stage of the "punk" phase when I was a teenager in high school. I'm not sure if I even fully agreed with what said in those days but I was so wrapped up in the "fu*k the government" attitude that I didn't care what it meant, I considered myself a non-conformist. I was free, I was liberated to do or say what I wanted!! Wait.. no I wasn't, I was still bound by my social constrictions of labeling myself in a certain group, by no means did I even realize I was doing this until many years later.

When I started working after high school, I got into jobs that required skill and dedication and this is where I started to realize that people would take jobs they are under qualified for and lie on their resume, they had no reason to take that job other than they wanted the power and money so in essence greed went hand in hand with the deception. Then when you work with these people they have developed such a good ability to deceive that they can generally fool most of the people, but deception can only last for so long before you start making mistakes and everyone starts to see the deception.

Do people really believe these little fibs they put on their resume so much that they see nothing wrong with it? As a society why do we generally accept these deceptions, is it that they have been going on for so long that now it's assimulated into the social norm and we're comfortable with it? Or is society really that blind to see the mass deception that is occuring around them? I really want to believe that society could be smarter than that but as well all know that will never happen.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Master of Deception Tradej11

Master of Deception Empty Re: Master of Deception

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 27 Aug 2008, 3:57 pm

lol... Deception has become the norm, or more, the 'common sense' tactic taken on by the populous en masse. I usually laugh when someone says that I have 'common sense' because I tend to reject what is common amongst my peers, or humanity as a whole.

Deception is merely a mask. Most people tend to wear many masks, while some call them 'hats', because they afraid of simply being the whole creature they are. Does not necessarily mean that when alone, they remove those masks, because alot of people are uncomfortable with themselves, and so end up not only deceiving others, but themselves as well.

Is is fear? In my opinion, yes. It's an insecurity that goes deep within because people fear not being good enough. Society, no, religions and government, have set these standards and guidelines they expect humans to adhere to. 'Politically correct'? No thank you! It's an oxymoron! There is nothing correct about politics. The sheep blindly follow because they are too weak to stand up and think for themselves. Those in the positions of power will then feed upon that fear and render their flock as subjects to their rule.

Why do people continue to go on living a life of deception? Only those that deceive can truly answer that question, if only they would stop long enough to be honest with themself. Not about to happen any time soon, because it is much easier to 'go with the flow' than to upset the cart and have to pick up all the apples.

Deception, in my opinion is for those that are too weak of mind and character to even begin searching for the truth, let alone ever knowing what truth is.

Sorry, I was rushed because I have to leave. I'll respond more, in length, when I return.
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Master of Deception Musici10

Post by Watari Wed 27 Aug 2008, 4:38 pm

I'm going to add this quote here only because I think it's very fitting of this discussion at hand.

"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on." - Winston Churchill

Now I have remembered the many facets of deception, Dissimulation (which includes Camouflage, and Disguise Apperance) and Simulation (Mimcry, Fabrication, Distractions).

I'll start with Dissimulation as it seems to be what modern society seems to use the most. Camouflage, we all know what this is but when used in modern society you're hiding most of the truth's and only showing part of what is actually there, basically trying to make yourself out to be better than you actually are. Then we have Disguise Apperance when a person will actually make themselves out to be someone they're not all together, everyone has a story of someone who will steal stories from other people and pass them off as their own, is this not a form of Disguise Apperance?? I would think so.

Now for simulation, Mimicry is something that humans I believe would rarely use but Wikipedia describes Mimicry as "In the biological world, mimicry involves unconscious deception by similarity to another organism, or to a natural object. Animals for example may deceive predators or prey by visual, auditory or other means." Now if you were really good at impersonations you could use this method of deception but for the most part I believe this form to be uncommon.

Fabricate and deception- I have put these 2 together because generally they are used together, if you fabrication a lie to cover up a truth you are conceling the truth from others to see, in the same notion you can also divert attention away from the truth which then you fabricate a lie to cover it up. I like to think of this type of deception is very prominent in the religious and political world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content