Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

The sneeze..according to Mexican culture

stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

The sneeze..according to Mexican culture Empty The sneeze..according to Mexican culture

Post by stan_da_man Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:03 am

As we all know, in Japanese culture, the sneeze is usually a sign that someone is speaking ill of you. But in Mexico, it holds a more sinister meaning. When one sneezes, instead of saying bless you, people will say sancho or sancha. It's because it is believed that sneezing is a sign that your spouse is cheating on you. And in Costa Rica, if your ears start burning or itching, then someone is speaking bad about you. Interesting, eh?
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : The sneeze..according to Mexican culture Tradej11

The sneeze..according to Mexican culture Empty Re: The sneeze..according to Mexican culture

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:15 am

I've never heard anything like that before about the sneezing. Actually, that is sort of interesting. I've heard of the ears burning thing, tho. I think almost every culture has that one. Nose itching means someones coming. No idea where that came from.

What's the history behind the sinister sneeze?
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

The sneeze..according to Mexican culture Empty Re: The sneeze..according to Mexican culture

Post by stan_da_man Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:17 am

I do not know, unfortunately..but my mom said that in Mexican culture, they say sancha or sancho, which is what they call the person your spouse is sleeping with.
    KnucklesG
    KnucklesG
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan

Post by KnucklesG Sun 07 Sep 2008, 1:34 am

well in Peru... your not suppose to kill crickets because they are peoples souls The sneeze..according to Mexican culture 245150
    *TsuBasa*
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* Sat 24 Jan 2009, 11:22 pm

that stuff is pretty crazy, i'm gonna have to ask my mom about the mexican sneezing thing...(my momma's mexican)
    Personally, I've never heard of it--or at least my family doesn't do that. They just say "salud" meaning "health"
    It's interesting tho...
    My family does say though that if your eyes are burning or if you end up getting a stye it's cos you saw someone naked who you shouldn't have. LOL
    But that may just be my weird family. ^o^
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Sun 25 Jan 2009, 10:54 am

Well, I heard about the sneezeing -Jap. Version never da other one... I Probably never would of the Mex. version, *Good to No* Thanks Stan.
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sun 25 Jan 2009, 10:41 pm

anytime man..anytime

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content