Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

The Internet is Messing With Your Head

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : The Internet is Messing With Your Head Tradej11

The Internet is Messing With Your Head Empty The Internet is Messing With Your Head

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 21 Oct 2009, 1:37 pm

Yahoo Tech wrote:The Internet is messing with your head -- biologically, that is

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:43AM EDT

The Internet is my anti-drug... but scientists say that exposure to the web might have a far greater effect on brain function than anyone had imagined.

In a study at UCLA, researchers performed MRI scans of subjects' brains and found that the mental stimulation created by web use "may affect the efficiency of cognitive processing and alter the way the brain encodes new information."

The ramifications are most interesting for older users who risk the crippling effects of dementia setting in. The researchers split a group of 55 to 78 year old subjects into "savvy" and "naive" web users and found that, despite similar educational levels in the two groups, those who were more experienced with the Internet had a far greater level of cognitive function and blood flow in the brain in a number of key areas.

The researchers then sent the subjects home and all used the web for an hour a day to research answers to questions and read information online. They then scanned the two groups again and found that, despite the short amount of time in which the naive group was exposed to the web, their brain activity had become similar to that of the savvy group -- and showed an exceptional increase over the activity levels in the earlier scan. In particular, activity was found in areas associated with working memory and decision-making, areas where there had been no or minimal activity earlier.

The linked story also notes that people who regularly work with the Internet show an overall level of twice the brain activity when performing a web search than those who have little web experience. The good news: Novices can get "up to speed" in a matter of days and jump-start their brains. All you need is a computer and a desire to learn about something online, even you winter-born readers out there.
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/153654/the-internet-is-messing-with-your-headbiologically-that-is/
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

The Internet is Messing With Your Head Empty Re: The Internet is Messing With Your Head

Post by KageSenko Wed 21 Oct 2009, 5:29 pm

lmao i wouldnt care about the side effects , i cant live without my internet >.>