Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble Musici10

Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble Empty Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble

Post by Watari Tue 09 Feb 2010, 5:07 pm

CNN wrote:
    Port-au-Prince, Haiti (CNN) -- A man pulled alive from the rubble of a building in Haiti's capital Monday may have been trapped since the January 12 quake that leveled much of the city, doctors reported.

The 28-year-old man, identified as Evan Muncie, was found in the wreckage of a market where he sold rice, his family told staff at a University of Miami field hospital. He suffered from extreme dehydration and malnutrition, but did not appear to have significant crushing injuries, the doctors said.

"He was emaciated. He hadn't had anything in quite some time. He had open wounds that were festering on both of his feet," said Dr. Mike Connelly, of the university's Project Medishare.

The people who brought him to the hospital said they found the man while digging out the marketplace, Connelly said.

iReporter Michael Andrew brought Muncie's story to light while working with the 82nd Canadian Naval unit.
    The man told doctors that someone was bringing him water while he was trapped, but doctors told CNN that he sounded confused and at times appeared to believe he was still under the rubble. Connelly said the man must have had some water during the past month to have survived, but Connelly wasn't sure how he would have had access to it.

"Initially, I'm sure he had his senses with him, so maybe he was able to find some kind of resources," Connelly told CNN.

The discovery came nearly a month after the magnitude-7.0 earthquake that devastated Port-au-Prince on January 12. More than 200,000 deaths have been blamed on the quake.

Haiti's government declared search-and-rescue efforts over on January 23, but survivors still were being unearthed as late as January 27.

I feel this is really good news considering all these people have been through, to survive for 4 weeks on your own instincts and will to survive, that's pretty amazing, I would be curious to know how this man survived for so long, I know that a person can survive drinking their own urine if it needed to happen but for 4 weeks this man must have had some water coming from somewhere and it would be interesting to know from where or if he did manage to survive on his own funtions.
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble Empty Re: Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble

Post by Marijane Tue 09 Feb 2010, 11:31 pm

This is very interesting! I would also be very curious to know how he survived for this long.. This is actually pretty amazing when you think about it. Thanks for sharing this, Watari. I will be looking around to see if anything else comes out about this.
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble Empty Re: Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble

Post by Ichigobleachfan Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:13 am

Oh wow, that is pretty amazing. I agree, I wonder where he got this water from because if he was buried, it might be pretty hard to have any access to get any. But yes, to survive THAT long and live, that is pretty interesting!
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 10 Feb 2010, 9:15 am

Another ray of hope and a good show of the human spirit and will to survive! Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble 693126
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Wed 10 Feb 2010, 5:12 pm

Yes, this is definitely a good ray of hope to break though the black cloud that loomed over Haiti for the past 4 weeks, seeing that people can survive under rubble like that, possibly with no water, that just makes you wonder what the human body is truely capapble of.
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Thu 11 Feb 2010, 11:02 pm

It really is amazing Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble 693126 He is definitely a fighter!!
    *scratches head* I know this is going to sound stupid, but since he was buried under the market place, wasn't it possible that he was stranded with water n food near him? If he well rationed his supplies n dug his way out carefully than it is very possible. Thats not taking back his will to survive just wondering.

(I wish I could interview him, find out what happend and what he did to survive, but I know if I was in his place an interview would be the last thing I would want to do.. EVER.. epically if he had to drink his own urine as Watari mentioned)
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Fri 12 Feb 2010, 12:14 am

It is completely possible but again Haiti is a pretty poor nation and just getting clean water is a challenge so the chances of that are slip, but possible, right now anything is possible, so if any has heard anything on this I would love to see an update Haitian May Have Survived 4 Weeks in Rubble 693126

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content