Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Valentine's Day and YOU!

Do you Celebrate Valentine's Day?

Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_l1017%Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_r10 17% 
    [ 1 ]
    Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_l1050%Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_r10 50% 
    [ 3 ]
    Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_l1033%Valentine's Day and YOU! Vbar_r10 33% 
    [ 2 ]

Total Votes : 6

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Valentine's Day and YOU! Musici10

Valentine's Day and YOU! Empty Valentine's Day and YOU!

Post by Watari Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:21 am

Just as the poll states, do you celebrate Valentine's Day? If so why?

To me Valentines day has never been anything special, never really liked the premise behind it, the whole "One day out of the year to make that certain someone feel really special", I mean if you have a certain someone in your life shouldn't you do that everyday?! Valentine's Day is just so over commercialized just like every other big holiday I can think of, so on Valentine's Day I may take advantage of sales to buy things I want for cheaper but I never do anything out of the ordinary for that someone in my life just because it says "Valentine's Day" on the calendar, I would do the same thing I would do today, tomorrow, next week, next month, treat that person with the dignity and respect they deserve and love them as much as I could with every minute we have, as they say, "Live every moment like it's your last, because you never know when it will be."
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Valentine's Day and YOU! Empty Re: Valentine's Day and YOU!

Post by Ichigobleachfan Wed 10 Feb 2010, 12:38 am

I guess it just kind of depends, I mean, I do think that it is kind of over commercialized, I mean, most of the candy that they sell is HORRIBLE! So it's like, to show someone you care, give them a box of crappy tasting candy! And pay twice as much for it! Woo hoo! Razz

Nah, it's not like I do anything really special, I mean out school always has a dance for it and I will usually go to that and just hang with friends but other than that, I think that it's just February 14. But on the other hand, I think it could be a day that could mean a lot to people and finally show your affection for someone. i don't know

I'm kind of in between on this, cause I have reasons why it's stupid and reasons why it's a really good thing, I guess it just depends on what you think? Valentine's Day and YOU! 245150
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko Wed 10 Feb 2010, 1:09 am

Depends on my love life, Since I am single this year... I am not going to celebrate it Razz. I wish other people a Happy Valentines Day but that would be it. I love Valentines... just when I can celebrate it.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Valentine's Day and YOU! Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 10 Feb 2010, 9:13 am

Personally, I don't and never have celebrated Valentine's Day. If you're truly in love one day of the year is not the only time you should go the extra mile to show it. However... given that I have children and their schools have little Valentine parties when they are in the first few years, I do get with the candy and card buying.
    Lrules364
    Lrules364
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Lrules364 Wed 10 Feb 2010, 1:01 pm

Valentines day is just a holiday blown up by Halmark to make money. I am always alone on this day every year. So it is not really a holiday to me. just another day
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Thu 11 Feb 2010, 10:53 pm

Hmm... I don't really know what to say~ I mean normally me n my friends go bowling on valentines day but I think I am going to stay home this year n be with you guys.

I personally don't think V-Day is just a "Make them feel special one day a year thing" Cause I agree with you guys, it shouldn't be! Everyday with your loved one should be a special one!

But here is where I have to disagree. (Sorry) I'll be honest, money is always an issue with me (As in I hardly have any) I'm sure most of you guys are in the same bout as me~ Razz So~ throughout the year if I'm fortunate enough to have some extra money, I'll put it aside and once I have enough I'll use it to give my loved one a day/evening//night (what ever it is) that she deserves, one that would make her feel as special/important she is to me, Than I'm all for it! Valentine's Day and YOU! 693126
    (I'm not going to say that V-D is the only day I would do this, because that isn't true anytime I have enough money put away I'd take her out! )

I also have to agree with IBF~ All the candy IS expensive and tastes Bad :'( EXCEPT for those chocolates that come in those heart shaped boxes! Those are really good!! Suspect Not that I would know~ I mean I never bought them for myself or anything *slowly backs away* I am goin to go for a walk... *runs to the store to find some*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content