Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Someone Misses GWB!?

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Someone Misses GWB!? Tradej11

Someone Misses GWB!? Empty Someone Misses GWB!?

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 10 Feb 2010, 9:09 am

Someone Misses GWB!? Alg_billboard_miss-me-yet
    NYDaily News wrote:'Miss Me Yet?' billboard featuring ex-President George W. Bush draws attention well beyond Minnesota
    BY Brian Kates
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
    Tuesday, February 9th 2010, 11:19 AM

The familiar face stares out from a billboard on a Minnesota interstate. Next to the huge photo are the words: "Miss Me Yet?"

The face is that of former President George Bush. The question is rhetorical, whatever your political bent.

The bigger question is, who put up the odd-ball billboard that's turning drivers' heads on I-35 near Wyoming, Minn.?

There's no ownership plate on the billboard, making tracing the person who paid for the ad difficult to find.

"Wish I could take credit for it," Wyoming Mayor Sheldon Anderson told National Public Radio's blog in an email. "Calls every day asking if it was me."

"The person who I thought did not put up the billboard," Luke Hellier of Minnesota Democrats Exposed said, adding that he has been contacted about keeping it up if the current owner takes it down.

The huge sign - and who's responsible for it - has the blogosphere all atwitter.

"Since Bush has left office all the tyrants in the world - as well as all our enemies - have been emboldened by the idea that Obama and the Democrats are weak," Conservative Blogs Central opined. "Miss George Bush yet? Darn straight I do!"

"Yeah as a satire on how to govern I miss the doofus," MNGuy wrote on the National Public Radio blog. "Of course as president he caused more trouble than anyone else that I can remember...Come to think of it I really don't miss him all that much."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/02/09/2010-02-09_miss_me_yet_billboard_featuring_expresident_george_w_bush_draws_attention_well_b.html#ixzz0f8cRGe9X
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Someone Misses GWB!? Musici10

Someone Misses GWB!? Empty Re: Someone Misses GWB!?

Post by Watari Wed 10 Feb 2010, 6:00 pm

Ok the country isn't THAT bad off to miss that guy... The won't would have to be on the brink of imploding before I decided I missed have Dubya in office, in fact the only reason to keep Dubya around would be so he can say something stupid that we could laugh about and make fun of for the next 3 years.
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane Wed 10 Feb 2010, 10:34 pm

LOL! Yea, I am not thinking that many people are going to miss him. I know that I am not very much into politics.. but I really didn't like GWB.. that's just me tho
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Ichigobleachfan Wed 10 Feb 2010, 10:57 pm

Oh wow... I know I won't be missing him, not at all! I'm so glad he's out of office! I wonder who would even put that kind of thing on a billboard?!??!?! Razz
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Thu 11 Feb 2010, 2:48 am

I'm pretty sure someone did this as a joke or a statement about how Obama is doing, either way Bush was doing no better than Obama was, I think they're on par. The one thing Obama does have over Bush is that when he talks he doesn't sound like a bumbling idiot.
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko Thu 11 Feb 2010, 3:11 am

I miss the political jokes... thats it Someone Misses GWB!? 245150
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Thu 11 Feb 2010, 11:30 pm

*Feels odd* Am I the only one who missed him? I mean Heck! It was more than just the jokes that I missed, cause those were funny, but still! I think he did a decent job as president And I have to give him his congrats and pat on the back, He did what more 95% of the population could never do. He governed an entire nation, dealing with political slanders, as they came, trying to stimulate the economy during a recession, not to mention dealing with attacks from nature and terrorists. The man has had a hard presidency and instead of poking fun of what he did or didn't do right.

Just place yourself in his shoes... Do you REALLY think you could of done better?? *thinks about what I just wrote* Okay.. I'm sure we all "Think" we would of.. But "would" you be able to?............I really doubt I would of, not that I don't have confidence in myself, but the fact that anyone of my decisions is going to effect millions n millions of people all over the world is just too much of a load for me. How about you?
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Fri 12 Feb 2010, 12:19 am

Well the fact remains I know I couldn't because I wouldn't be foolish enough to put myself in that situation, sure the man had a hard presidency but he also didn't make it easier on himself during that time, the war in Iraq was hands down a BS a war and should have never happened on those terms. Do I think the war in Iraq would have happened eventually, sure but not under the misguided information about WMD's, the war in Afghanistan was a war that was worth fighting, it freed the people from the Taliban for the most part, Saddam was a bad leader and an evil dictator but we should have gone in fighting to remove him from power and that's it and he should have come out to say that but noooooooooo he had to lie to get that war.

That's why I don't like Dubya, it's not that he did a bad job all the time, I do admit he did some good, but his bad out weighs the good for me and that is why I will never miss him. In fact if Obama keeps going the same route I'll have the same feelings about Obama too.
    Lrules364
    Lrules364
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Lrules364 Fri 12 Feb 2010, 10:54 am

I miss him. Under his presidency we never had to deal with this crap. I don't care about his mistakes, nor do I care about his small lies. it was to better America. And when Oldsmobile died in 2003, he dissapproved of GM doing it. That shows me his true colors. We may have been hard on him, but at least he never did what Obama is doing. (slowly killing America one billion dollars at a time)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content