Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Self Realizations

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Self Realizations Musici10

Self Realizations Empty Self Realizations

Post by Watari Tue 23 Feb 2010, 10:11 pm

Multiple times in peoples lives I believe people have this moment where they realize that something they firmly believed to be true was in fact not or less true than they thought and it kicks them out of this constant state of denial that the have lived in, for some people this moment of self realizations could be drastic and life changing or ever so subtle and they may just shrug it off and continue on with life. I have had one of my moments just recently, I have always thought of myself to be a pretty good musician, I know where my problem areas lay and I thought that for the amount of years I've been playing that I was at a pretty good spot... Boy was I ever wrong, I realized yesterday that I am no where near where I should be after playing for 15 years, a lot of the musical basics escaped me which include keeping time in different time signatures, yesterday I fully realized that what I thought of myself was in fact not as true as I thought. Now that I realize this I'm working hard on regaining a lot of that lost knowledge and learning to apply it to my current project so it's a struggle but it's a good struggle.

So I'm curious, has anyone else had these moments of realizations and if so what was it and how did it affect you and what did you do about it?
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Self Realizations Empty Re: Self Realizations

Post by Brutefox16 Thu 25 Feb 2010, 6:50 pm

*man hugs* :slap: You shouldn't be THAT worried about it. I mean after 15 years of experience wouldn't it be easy to forget the basics? I mean A Lot of great musicians, artists, actors, etc.. Constantly have to refresh the basics at one time or another~ I guess this is just your time! Self Realizations 245150

I can't wait to see how your music improves! (I can't really thin of any good ones to share sorry)
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Self Realizations Musici10

Post by Watari Thu 25 Feb 2010, 11:34 pm

Well the point of it really is to grow as a person, you have to realize your weak points, or areas where you just absolutely suck at and then you have to either accept it and work on it so you can grow and mature, or you let it ruin you and you give up. Point is that I'm not giving up I'm moving on in a positive direction and growing from this realization Self Realizations 693126
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Self Realizations Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 27 Feb 2010, 8:16 am

I've been pondering this thread since you wrote it and if I had responded to it immediately, the simplistic answer I would have given that day would have been, 'yes' period.

It just so happens that I was actually, and to a point still am, going through this at the moment myself. Since it wasn't just a single thing, which I often find my faults and weaknesses in specifics, and was more on an inner level, I opted to come to terms with my own frailty before saying anything.

Self-realizations are a natural part of life for anyone that really wishes, as you said in your second post, "to grow as a person". It's unfortunate that more and more of the worldly populous is moving away from this, tho. *chants 2012 over and over again in my head* Just kidding, but it would be nice to see more people go on a journey of self-discovery just for the heck of it and not just when they run across a moment of that reality when they see or feel that they were wrong about themselves, although just the ability to acknowledge that we have our weaknesses is a major asset in ones life, in my personal opinion, for it does give the person the opportunity to grow.

Anyway, I probably went way off base here as I'm still working on my first cup of java for the morning, so I'll come back and re-read when the brain is firing the proper synapses arrangement.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content