Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off!

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! Musici10

Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! Empty Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off!

Post by Watari Sun 28 Feb 2010, 12:56 pm

As many of you know, I live in Anchorage, AK, which is notorious for cold winters, Polar Bears, Igloos, Eskimos and Dog Sledding.

What many people are unaware of are the celebrations that take place during these events, right before the worlds longest Dog Sledding race takes place (Named the Iditarod for those of you unfamiliar with it) we have a celebration called Fur Rondy (and even it's own Dog Sled race called.. the Fur Rondy), this event is complete with fair style rides, wacky events that lend their basis from other events (Running with the Reindeer? No thank you!), there are literally a number of events, too many to list here but a few are Ice Bowling, the Blanket Toss, Costume races, random dancing events for young and old alike, but pretty much kids love it, parents hate it b/c it's so cold, but overall the end result is a lot of people have a lot of fun and it's a boost to our economy in this day in age so I do love seeing events like these take place even in a slumping economy Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! 693126

For more information you can visit the following links:

http://www.furrondy.net/

www.adn.com
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! Empty Re: Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off!

Post by Ichigobleachfan Sun 28 Feb 2010, 1:04 pm

Oooooh, that does sound like a lot of fun! Razz And I remember the Iditarod, for like 7th or something like that, we had to follow it because we each choose a racer and would mark their progress each day, it was really fun and very interesting! But that sounds fun, except for the cold part! oops Thanks for sharing Watari! Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! 245150
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off! Empty Re: Local Anchorage News - Fur Rondy kicks off!

Post by Brutefox16 Sun 28 Feb 2010, 7:19 pm

WOW!! Raise your hand if you want to take a field trip to visit Watari and the Fur Rondy events!! I am sure it is going to be Loads of fun!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content