Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

"New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday"

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : "New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday" Tradej11

"New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday" Empty "New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday"

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 29 Jun 2011, 1:37 pm

Published May 14, 2011 | NewsCore

A New York man spent his entire $140,000 life savings advertising his prediction that the world will end May 21, the New York Post reported Friday.

Robert Fitzpatrick, a 60-year-old Staten Island resident, said he spent at least that sum on 1,000 subway-car placards and ads on bus kiosks and subway cars.

They say, "Global Earthquake: The Greatest Ever! Judgment Day May 21, 2011."
    In a self-published book, "The Doomsday Code," Fitzpatrick said the Bible offers "proof that cannot be dismissed."

"Judgment Day will surprise people. We will not be ready for it," Fitzpatrick said in an interview with the newspaper. "A giant earthquake will render the earth uninhabitable."

If you want to set an alarm clock, the quake will happen just before 6:00pm local time, he said.

"God's people will be resurrected. It is also the day that God stops saving anyone," he said.

Fitzpatrick hopes that he is one of the chosen ones, but he could not be really certain.

"There's just a little doubt," he said. "Most churches teach that if you just believe, you will be saved. It is not our choice. It is God's choice."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/14/new-york-man-spends-life-savings-ahead-21-doomsday/#ixzz1MQBsXuJ6
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

"New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday" Empty Re: "New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday"

Post by Marijane Fri 01 Jul 2011, 5:09 pm

I don't really know what to think about this kind of thing.. I remember hearing all about the end of the world earlier this year, and I really just can't bring myself to believe some of the crazy stuff that people say. I really just want to see the actual proof and then I might believe it.. but until then I am going to continue to live my life to the absolute fullest that I possibly can. :-) And then when it happens.. if it happens in my time.. then so be it!
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : "New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday" Tradej11

"New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday" Empty Re: "New York Man Spends Life Savings Ahead of May 21 Doomsday"

Post by Kyouri Kai Fri 01 Jul 2011, 10:20 pm

I know what you're saying, and I agree. I don't doubt that at some point in time the people of Earth will experience a 'doomsday', and like you, if it happens during our time, it happens, deal with it. Until then, take each day as it comes and enjoy it because in the end, we never know when the end is going to be for any of us individually.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content