Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Kindred: The Embraced

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Kindred: The Embraced Tradej11

Kindred: The Embraced Empty Kindred: The Embraced

Post by Kyouri Kai Tue 22 Apr 2008, 1:08 am

Awhile back, when TsuBasa posted her thread Vampire Flicks, I couldn't remember the name of this series. It was a very short run series, 8 episodes, done back in 1996. They ended the series due to the death of one of the main character actors.

Spoiler:

This series is.. yes.. a vampire series made for television. It was probably one of, if not the best vampire series I have ever seen. Set in modern day San Francisco, it's about several various clans within the realm of vampires. It was originally based off the game Vampire: The Masquerade, but varied from it a wee bit. It may have been truer to the game had it lasted longer. This epic showed that some vampire clans are immune to the romanticized idea that vampires are allergic to the sun. The clans that were shown in the series ranged from the beautiful vampires from the Toreador clan, to the street-savvy greedy vamps of the Brujah clan, to the elite intellectuals of the Ventrue clan, to the magical Nosferatu clan. It even depicted that vampires do not require blood to sustain their lives, but that rivalries between the clans do exist as each vie for the position of Prince (Julian), who, played by Mark Frankel, is currently trying to keep the peace between the 5 clans. Gangrel not mentioned above. Plus Assamite only mentioned once in the brief series.

Yes, it was also a love story, the same you get with all vampire movies.. male vampire falls in love with human female. But with well-known actors in this series such as: Mark Frankel, C. Thomas Howell, Stacy Haiduk, Channon Roe, Jeff Kober, Brigid Walsh, Patrick Bauchau, Erik King, and others, it's hard to go wrong with any television series.

I used to own this series and was only able to watch it once, and I miss it dearly. I would love to have the entire series again, but it is rare to find. If you enjoy vampires with a dose of modern day realism, then I suggest you pick up Kindred: The Embraced from Amazon.com or some other place. You won't be disappointed, or left forgetting Julian saying that, "We are all around you."

Spoiler:
    *TsuBasa*
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Kindred: The Embraced Empty Re: Kindred: The Embraced

Post by *TsuBasa* Tue 22 Apr 2008, 2:45 am

ooh ooh ooh!
    Sounds like something I'd definitely be up for. ^^
    I'll check it out whenever I have some extra "online shopping money" LOl.
    I think I've spent my limit this month.
    thanks for the recommendation, Kyo.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : Kindred: The Embraced Graphi10

Post by blackmamba Tue 22 Apr 2008, 9:03 am

This is awesome, Kyouri! I've been wanting to watch this since forever but I don't have the time to. =( Anyway, what makes it even more awesome is that it was based from the game Vampire: The Masquerade which I love and have in my PC. Twisted Evil I've finished the game for the nth time, and it would be awesome to see this one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content