Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Don't Believe in God...

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Don't Believe in God... Tradej11

Don't Believe in God... Empty Don't Believe in God...

Post by Kyouri Kai Fri 15 Jan 2010, 8:33 pm

Figured that title would catch people's attention. Personally, I don't have any problem with saying that I have absolutely no idea if there is a 'God' or not. Same goes for Karma, tho. I do have to say that I believe there is no such thing as coincidence; everything happens for a reason.
    Wikipedia wrote:Karma

Karma (Sanskrit: कर्म About this sound kárma (help·info), kárman- "act, action, performance"; Pali: kamma) in Indian religions is the concept of "action" or "deed", understood as that which causes the entire cycle of cause and effect (i.e., the cycle called saṃsāra) originating in ancient India and treated in Hindu, Jain, Sikh and Buddhist philosophies.

'Karma' is an Eastern religious concept in contradistinction to 'faith' espoused by Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, and Islam), which view all human dramas as the will of God as opposed to present - and past - life actions. In theistic schools of Hinduism, humans have free will to choose good or evil and suffer the consequences, which require the will of God to implement karma's consequences, unlike Buddhism or Jainism which do not accord any role to a supreme God or gods. In Eastern beliefs, the karmic effects of all deeds are viewed as actively shaping past, present, and future experiences. The results or 'fruits' of actions are called karma-phala.

Origins:
    A concept of karma (along with reincarnation, samsara, and moksha) may originate in the shramana tradition of which Buddhism and Jainism are continuations. This tradition influenced the Brahmanic religion in the early Vedantic (Upanishadic) movement of the 1st millennium BC. Reincarnation was adopted from this religious culture by Brahmin orthodoxy, and Brahmins wrote the earliest recorded scriptures containing these ideas in the early Upanishads.

Views:
    Some traditions (i.e., the Vedanta), believe that a Supreme Being plays some kind of role, for example, as the dispenser of the 'fruits' of karma or as exercising the option to change one's karma in rare instances. In general, followers of the Buddhism and many followers of Hinduism traditions consider the natural laws of causation sufficient to explain the effects of karma. Another view holds that a Sadguru, acting on a god's behalf, can mitigate or work out some of the karma of the disciple. And according to the Jainism perspective, neither a god nor a guru have any role in a person's karma - the individual is considered to be the sole doer and enjoyer of his karmas and their 'fruits'.

This explanation alone brings up the question of whether or not there is a god, if there is, whether that god plays a role in the effects of our lives or not, or for me, it also begs to question the reality of the astrological charting.

When I was younger, really young, I always said that I wanted to be a lawyer and that I would never get married or have children. As soon as I graduated from high school, I decided to 'not' go to law school and I ended up both married and with child.

Since that time, I have had failed relationships, and the last one actually had me believing that I was wrong as a child, and I have had court issue after court issue, to where it has been me representing myself, finding that I would have been better served becoming an attorney, not for myself but to change something, it is best done from within. So is this God's will that even tho I do nothing lawfully wrong, that I end up embroiled in litigation anyway? Is it karma from a previous life or from going against what I had instilled within my own psyche since childhood? Is it simply based upon my extremely rocky astrological chart that actually portends alot of these issues?

I can't buy into a 'just and loving god' putting heinous obstacles in our way just to either test us or help make us stronger. I can't buy into the here-and-now karma when bad things happen without any cause for them. Yet I can't seem to fully grasp hold of the astrological concept, either - there is no dispute that twins, even identical, are different, and according to astrology, the planets don't change enough in a 2-minute time window to make them so different and have their lives turn out so varied (not true in all instances, as alot of twins tend to have the same life just with different personalities).

What are your beliefs and why?
    YukariSendou
    YukariSendou
    san'dan
    san'dan

Don't Believe in God... Empty Re: Don't Believe in God...

Post by YukariSendou Sat 16 Jan 2010, 9:32 am

My belief is that there is lots of gods. Because it seems like one person or diety couldn't have created everything! if you think about it this guy would probably would of gotten rid of us already because of all our whining. I do believe in Karma And I believe that what you do now will be paid for in the future. but those are my views.
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane Sat 16 Jan 2010, 11:36 am

Well. My dad would be upset with me for saying this, because he is a strong believer in a 'god'. Cause I am.. Catholic, most of my family does believe. But my mom and I see different. I truly don't know what to think about a god. I kinda sorta start to think that there is, but then I also really am not 100% convinced of such thing. I have never seen anything that totally convinces me that there is such thing. I am not saying that there is not such thing, I am saying that I am not sure if there is or not. I don't really have an opinion about it.
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko Sat 16 Jan 2010, 4:29 pm

I'm agnostic Don't Believe in God... 693126, so any views I like I will listen to them and use them as my own Don't Believe in God... 245150

I'm a big believer in Karma so I think "what comes around goes around".
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Don't Believe in God... Musici10

Post by Watari Sat 16 Jan 2010, 5:38 pm

Mmmm religious beliefs and politics, the 2 topics that cause most wars Don't Believe in God... 693126 I really stray from any sort of religious beliefs, I believe that we should live our lives freely without worry of retribution. Like Kyo said, fate and coincidence are BS, things happen for a reason, things happen because they were meant to happen, nothing happens out of fate or coincidence it happens for a reason, you meet the people you meet for a reason, you love those you love for a reason, you do what you do for a reason and that's how I view things, I don't want to have to worry about where I'm going after I die because in my mind, I'm going there whether I like it or not just accept your path and have fun along the way, because after all what fun is living if you can't really live?
    sharingan09
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan

Post by sharingan09 Tue 08 Jun 2010, 4:10 am

What would one be called if he doesn't care about any of it? 'Cause I really dont. Atheism, theism, agnosticism, I just don't care. I think humans should let go of as something as primitive as religion, and I wont believe in a deity that lets so much suffering happen in the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content