Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 Tradej11

Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 Empty Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 07 Feb 2010, 3:16 pm

Again a week with very little done other than setting up two other forums and their graphics (see the affiliate links at the bottom of the portal page) and being a mommy first to my lil guy who was pretty sick for a few days.

The attached footer-bar was updated to include the link list and a matching color to the site.

AD's Facebook Fan page actually has a post on it regarding the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] thread.

Talks have somewhat begun with one of our members about his starting to post up some gfx work for free downloads, but nothing concrete as of yet.

Finally, the site has taken on more of a political overtone to it this past week, which will become the norm as members will see in a future announcement about AD and its final directed path.

Until next week - Hope everyone has a safe and fun week as most get ready for the start of the Winter Olympics in Vancouver on Feb. 12 and Valentine's Day and the Chinese New Year of the White Tiger coming up on Feb. 14.
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 Musici10

Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 Empty Re: Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010

Post by Watari Sun 07 Feb 2010, 4:05 pm

Politics should be at the forethought of everyone, regardless of age, I just hope that people on here will start getting involved, formulate opinions, voice those opinions, argue those opinions (in a fashionable manner), ask questions if you don't understand, getting involved is the only way change comes about.

Politics is all about opinions and you shouldn't worry about being wrong unless facts back up what you're saying is wrong, then in that case you take what you learned and move on to the next one Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 693126
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 07 Feb 2010, 5:10 pm

Indeed! Most adults look back and realize that politics has been a part of their everyday life since a very young age, and not just in the form of people vs. their govt. Schools, churches, little league sports, etc., are all politically based, and again, not specifically speaking of the govt involvement, just how life goes in a free society that has the right to decide for themselves.

A little leak... anyone that reads manga or watches anime and has even the slightest knowledge of politics across the globe can easily see how political statements are made and the impact the manga/anime has on society or even themselves.
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Sun 07 Feb 2010, 6:17 pm

Hmm... Sorry... I really don't have an opinon in polotics... I mean I'll debate my opinion on something IF I have one but I uh.. don't really have one too often, I'm a lil indifferent now an days... Sorry..

I did some exploring Friday of the other sites Kyo, they look pretty cool! Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 245150 I like the Toukai Page!

I am kinda confused what is being attached to footer? Which links have been added?
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 07 Feb 2010, 6:24 pm

On the far left of the footer-bar is an arrow and if you click on it, there's links to other portions of the board that aren't available on the top nav links. I still need to import some specific icons for each link, tho.

As for the politics, you're involved in politics every day and you have formulated opinions about them, you just don't realize it... Sasuke vs. Danzou Wink
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Ichigobleachfan Mon 08 Feb 2010, 12:41 am

That's still a lot Kyo! And I can get into politics but only if I feel like it and it's something I can actually get into... But I can debate, that is one thing for sure! Razz
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Updates for w/e Feb. 6, 2010 Musici10

Post by Watari Mon 08 Feb 2010, 4:15 am

You know I use to think the same way, but fact is that everyday you're faced with politics, from the current recession to the corporate giants who are starting to go under because of mismanagement, it's all tied to politics and most importantly.. YOU! Every single person has a say in whats happening in politics, it's just a matter of formulating your words and getting enough drive in you to say, write, post what ever it is you're feeling and thinking and getting it out there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content