Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Facebook - Invasion of Privacy

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Facebook - Invasion of Privacy Tradej11

Facebook - Invasion of Privacy Empty Facebook - Invasion of Privacy

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 21 Apr 2010, 7:58 am

It can't really be a true invasion of privacy once people click on that little radio button stating they have read the 'Terms of Service' which includes a privacy policy, or lack thereof. Here's the review of Facebook that does nothing more than substantiates my recent thought of deleting every single page I've made on the internet with the exception of this site, my personal youtube account, and one external blog. Not that it matters much since I never use my address, phone number, or even my real name on any of those sites, plus the fact that what's done is done, but no reason to continue to help these guys gather info.

Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Facebook - Invasion of Privacy Empty Re: Facebook - Invasion of Privacy

Post by Marijane Wed 21 Apr 2010, 12:36 pm

That is actually super scary to think about, and makes me want to get rid of my facebook and myspace.. which I already started the process of getting rid of myspace..
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Wed 21 Apr 2010, 6:00 pm

Well I havn't really posted anything other than a few pic and my web adress.. So I don't really have to worry about it.. But I understand what this is saying. the goverment needs to do a revamp (forget what it called, but when it gets a completely redone to catch up with today's society)
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Facebook - Invasion of Privacy Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Fri 23 Apr 2010, 8:24 am

Actually I think that is sort of the problem... it has caught up with today's society. Not too long ago the FBI called for applications to have people do nothing more than sign up on these social networking sites in order to try and help catch some bad guys, which has already proven successful (caught one guy in Canada who ran there from the U.S. after having committed some crimes in the U.S.). However, it's always been the governments 'thing' to invade the privacy of citizens in order to see just how much control they have over their society. Heck, that's why Google opted out of China for a while, because China was blocking certain searches from its citizens while at the same time hacking into other government sites using Google's protocol. All in all... it's the internet and there really is no safety/privacy in today's world, and today's society is chock full of hackers and nosey-busybodies that have nothing better to do with their time than to commit crimes while passing the buck off onto someone else. The government is just doing the same. Neutral
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane Sat 24 Apr 2010, 11:05 am

In a way I think that it's kinda a cool think and smart thing to have those people that work to make facebook safer.. but at the same time I dislike the idea of the government invading our privacy.

I kinda found this post more interesting at the time that it popped up. I was just starting to write a paper on Mark Zuckerberg, who is the guy that started facebook. He actually started face book in 2004 but it was not open to anyone that wanted to use it till 2006. It has over 300 million people signed up and a little less than 5 months.. over 100 million people joined last year. I found that kind of interesting.
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Sun 25 Apr 2010, 7:46 pm

*nods* we actually talked about this in Writing 1 class. Did you know facebook was originally a strictly college base website before it was opened up to the public? (I forgot the info we all discussed but that is one of the things that has popped into my head when I seen this thread)
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane Sat 01 May 2010, 12:38 pm

Actually, yes.. I did know that. It took it about 2 years before it became a world wide thing. Mark Zuckerburg actually started it when he was a sophomore at Harvard in 2004. And it was only available to people that had an educational or /.edu email address.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content