Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

What's the Best Book You've Ever Read?

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? Tradej11

What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? Empty What's the Best Book You've Ever Read?

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 03 Nov 2007, 3:21 am

I've read so many books, mostly non-fiction, but as for fiction, I'd say it was Harry Potter, Angels & Demons, The Rule of Four.

Last edited by on Sat 05 Jan 2008, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    s1nist4r
    s1nist4r
    S-Class
    S-Class

What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? Empty Re: What's the Best Book You've Ever Read?

Post by s1nist4r Sat 03 Nov 2007, 5:37 am

Well, I don't like to read much but I've read some great books. I'd say that my favourite is "Tartuffe" by Molière.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? Graphi10

What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? Empty Re: What's the Best Book You've Ever Read?

Post by blackmamba Sat 03 Nov 2007, 5:43 am

I looove so many books:

1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (I looove the 7th book.)
    2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
    3. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
    4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
    5. The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice

I could go on all day but I'll just limit my list for now. What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? 245150:
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sat 03 Nov 2007, 11:18 am

My favorite books right now are:

Angels and Demons
    Fight Club
    Dante's Inferno
    The Godfather
    Any Tom Clancy book
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Sat 03 Nov 2007, 11:42 am

Of course, there's always the classic Perry Mason if you wish. What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? 245150:
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Sat 03 Nov 2007, 12:56 pm

This is what I think

Harry Potter
    Angles & Demons
    Alex Rider Series
    A Tale Of Desparaux
    The Alchemist

Thats all I can think of
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 03 Nov 2007, 2:11 pm

Amazed at how many people have read Angels & Demons, as most people are more familiar with Dan Brown's Da Vince Code. After reading Angels & Demons, The Da Vinci Code was a tad bit disappointing, although still a very good read.

@ CSD.. I've heard of the Alchemist, but haven't read it. How good is it?
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Sat 03 Nov 2007, 5:57 pm

Im half way through it but its good its about Nicolous Flemel (like from Harry Potter) and they burry him and people check his tomb and he isnt there.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 03 Nov 2007, 6:23 pm

Nicholas Flamel was the first person that popped into my mind, but wasn't sure, as he has rarely been used in fiction (Harry Potter an exception, of course). I thought it may be more like Eragon or something on those lines. Cool, I'll check it out. Thanks. What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? 693126:

Last edited by on Sat 03 Nov 2007, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Sat 03 Nov 2007, 7:21 pm

Suposedly Niculous found out how to live for eternity is what they say
    Sasori
    Sasori
    ni'dan
    ni'dan

Post by Sasori Sat 03 Nov 2007, 11:28 pm

My favorite books are:
    Hank the cowdog sieries
    How to speak dragonese
    how to train your dragon
    Dragonology
    and,
    Wizardology
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Sun 04 Nov 2007, 1:44 am

I read Da Vinci Code before Angels & Demons. Hmm.. but I have to agree, Angels & Demons is wayyy better.

The Alchemist is one, good book too! How could I possibly forget about that? :/

The Historian is awesome, too.

Oooh! By the way, I love this book too: Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield. It's a more detailed book version of the '300' movie. It's really, really good.
    Shinkirou
    Shinkirou
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by Shinkirou Sun 04 Nov 2007, 2:51 pm

Ovid's metamorphoses...
    Fabian920
    Fabian920
    yon'dan
    yon'dan

Post by Fabian920 Sun 04 Nov 2007, 10:43 pm

I loved Angels and Demons, I am currently reading Digital Fortress another of Dan Brown's masterpieces.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 04 Nov 2007, 11:18 pm

I've contemplated buying that.. Digital Fortress.. but haven't yet. I figured if I like the other two I've read of Dan Brown's then this one should be pretty good, too. Is it?
    Fabian920
    Fabian920
    yon'dan
    yon'dan

Post by Fabian920 Mon 05 Nov 2007, 12:49 am

I'd say it's ok, it's about cryptography and NSA. I just started so I don't know how good it is.

You should try Deception Point, I think it was great.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Mon 05 Nov 2007, 6:28 am

Yes, Deception Point and Digital Fortress are good books of Dan Brown, too.. Pretty awesome, since I'm into cryptography and all that stuff.
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Tue 06 Nov 2007, 6:32 pm

Right now I'm reading Paradise Lost. So far it's really good, but at the same time confusing.
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Wed 14 Nov 2007, 8:46 pm

Another good book of mine would be Castaway's Of The Flying Dutchman
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Thu 22 Nov 2007, 9:12 pm

blackmamba wrote:I looove so many books:

1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling (I looove the 7th book.)
    2. Stardust by Neil Gaiman
    3. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
    4. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
    5. The Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice

I could go on all day but I'll just limit my list for now. What's the Best Book You've Ever Read? 245150:

Stardust is a really good book. Have you read american gods and neverwhere? Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles are also pretty good.

My top 5 would be:
    1. Dracula - Bram Stoker
    2. The Godfather- Mario Puzo
    3.The Client - John Grisham
    4.Patriot Games - Tom Clancy
    5.Harry Potter Series
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Thu 22 Nov 2007, 10:18 pm

Yes, it is! I love it! Nope, I haven't read American Gods and Neverwhere yet. :/ Neil Gaiman's Sandman is pretty good, too! And Anansi Boys. Wink

How could I forget Dracula and The Godfather!? I have to buy those books sometime.. I don't have a copy of it, I just borrowed it from a friend. o-o
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Thu 22 Nov 2007, 11:14 pm

I have them both. Actually my copy of dracula has the forward by elizabeth kostova in it too.
    You should read neverwhere and american gods. They are different but really good.
    *TsuBasa*
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* Sun 25 Nov 2007, 10:18 pm

blueeyedpuppy wrote:You should read neverwhere and american gods. They are different but really good.
    i borrowed Neverwhere from a friend. He recommended it...haven't read it yet. I'm in the process of rereading Stephenie Meyers' Twilight, after which i will reread the sequel New Moon and then will finally read the third one, Eclipse (which i've been putting off since september >.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Mon 26 Nov 2007, 5:55 am

I haven't read any of the books I've been planning to read, too. :/ I'm supposed to read One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez for this book report, and yet I ended up reading Love in the Time of Cholera instead (same author.) Lol.

Wicked isn't that bad, either.
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Mon 03 Dec 2007, 3:03 pm

I've heard of Wicked, its about the witch from the wizard of oz right? I find with some books for school that I have to read I either really like them or despise them with a passion. Love one flew over the cuckoo's nest hated stone angel by margeret lawerence

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content