Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Empty Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

Post by Brutefox16 Wed 19 Dec 2007, 10:10 pm

Did any one see it yet? i know it came out for Dvd a couple of days ago.. (in ohio at least) big grin
    Plz no spoilers Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix 245150:

Last edited by on Wed 19 Dec 2007, 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Empty Re: Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix

Post by CommanderStarDud Wed 19 Dec 2007, 10:17 pm

Ive seen it and I like it where fred and geoge practicly kill Umbridge with a dragon firework. big grin
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Graphi10

Post by blackmamba Thu 20 Dec 2007, 4:35 am

@ CSD.. he just told you, no spoilers! Lol!

Yes, I have seen this movie. Although it's... okay. Not something like "OMG I WANNA WATCH IT AGAIN!!" Lmao. But yeah, the movie is okay. At least, for me.
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Kayui Thu 20 Dec 2007, 7:10 am

I hated it! It was nothing like the book. I mean the couldn't even get the characters appearance correct. The ending was terrible and infact all of the movies thus far have just been easy money for the Harry Potter wanabe fanatics. You should seriously read the book instead of watch this movie.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Thu 20 Dec 2007, 9:36 am

Yep.. the book is always more interesting than the movie. Though the other Harry Potter movies didn't suck. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was the suckiest HP movie ever. I certainly hope they do an excellent job with the 6th and the 7th.

If you're buying it on DVD, I recommend you to watch the streaming one instead. (If there's any.) Since it'll be a complete waste of money.
    IamPein
    IamPein
    san'dan
    san'dan

Post by IamPein Sun 23 Dec 2007, 7:15 am

Lol, well I haven't read the books....the seemed to childish to me(please don't take offense...I said to me). But I have watched a couple of the movies....and I will say this was the best one in my opinion by far. We finally get to see real (as in life or death) magic being used, not just kid games any more.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Sun 23 Dec 2007, 8:11 am

If you've read the book, pretty sure your opinion would change on that. :) *sigh* They cut so many scenes, though. If I haven't read the book, I wouldn't have understood the entire movie. But I did so.. yeah. Disappointed.

I'm definitely looking forward to the last two movies, and I hope it would be much better than this one. The last two books are really great, and it would be sucky if we get a horrible movie.
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Sun 23 Dec 2007, 3:15 pm

The book is much more exciting in my opinion and about them cutting scenes well it was a pretty disapointing movie but they had to cut many scenes or it would have been 5 hours long most likely.

@ blackmamba I didnt know he put no spoilers until I just came back here to look at it because if you look it says hes edited it 1 and I posted before he did that.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 23 Dec 2007, 7:57 pm

The dragon firework was a funny bit.. and it was shown in one of the many movie trailers. Wink

I've read the book, I've seen the movie, I just bought the movie. I enjoy the books much more than the movies because they are much more detailed and make more sense then the films do. If someone had never read the books, Order of the Phoenix would be a wee bit on the 'Whaaaa?' side, but not too much, in my opinion.. especially since pretty much anyone that breathes air (or sucks water) has heard of Harry Potter.

I bought the movie because I already own the other 4, and being slightly O.C.D., I must complete the set. Razz
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sun 23 Dec 2007, 10:45 pm

To tell you the truth, I have never seen the first movie in it's entirety. Nor have I read any of the books. I started to read the first one a long time ago, but then my friend moved, and I never got to finish it.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sun 06 Jan 2008, 1:29 am

the firework part wasn't bad....but the rest was bad...at least...compared to the book it was bad....as a movie, it was ok....just like blackmamba said...it's not a "OMG, I WANNA SEE IT AGAIN" movie..it's just a movie i've watched...nothing more...i'd pick the book over the movie anyday....and yea...the ending sucked....i watched it and when it got to the end, i got kinda mad because it was just that bad =/
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Sun 06 Jan 2008, 2:00 am

I thought the movie was okay but I agree the book was so much better, much more detailed and interesting I thought, I'm still going to watch all the movies, but the books will probably always be better.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by blackmamba Sun 06 Jan 2008, 2:47 am

Yeah, I just watch the movie for the sake of reading all the Harry Potter books and watching all the movies. Of course, watching a movie will always be more convenient, but there are only a few directors who could base it from a book, yet still make the movie awesome.

Looking forward to the next movie, and hopefully they won't make the details blurry yet again.
    KeybladesHeart
    KeybladesHeart
    ni'dan
    ni'dan

Post by KeybladesHeart Mon 25 Aug 2008, 2:09 am

I've read all the books and well i have to say the movie was pretty good sure they could of added more scenes from the book but at least they didnt pool away from the story line right?..*sigh*..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content