Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

So..who do you think is the best?

stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

So..who do you think is the best? Empty So..who do you think is the best?

Post by stan_da_man Sat 29 Dec 2007, 10:23 pm

Kirk Hammett
    Dimebag Darrell
    Jimmy Page
    Keith Richards
    Eddie Van Halen
    Steve Vai
    Tony Iommi
    Jimmy Hendrix
    Dave Mustaine
    Eric Clapton
    Slash
    Angus Young
    Tom Morello
    Edit:
    Carlos Santana
    Paul Mcartney
    Kurt Cobain
    Josh Homme
    Ace Frehley
    Randy Rhodes
    Gary Rossington
    Ed King
    Brian May

This list of freakishly awesome guitarists was compiled in no particular order. If I forgot anyone please forgive me, because if I were to add even one more name, the internet would cease to exist because of all the awesomeness contained in this list.

Last edited by on Wed 02 Jan 2008, 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : So..who do you think is the best? Graphi10

So..who do you think is the best? Empty Re: So..who do you think is the best?

Post by blackmamba Sun 30 Dec 2007, 5:35 am

OMG. That list is indeed a list of freakishly awesome guitarists ever. Personally, I can't choose just one from that list. I don't think anybody could. But.. narrowing down that list:

- Dimebag Darrell
    - Jimmy Page
    - Steve Vai
    - Jimmy Hendrix
    - Slash

Well.. I guess those are on my list. Can't choose just one. Razz
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Sun 30 Dec 2007, 5:47 am

Jimmy was an amazing guitarist, but so is slash and steve vai and jimmy page. Hmm. I honestly couldn't tell you.
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Kayui Sun 30 Dec 2007, 9:37 am

It is actually Jimi Hendrix guys. =)
    hmm out of that list it is easily Eric Clapton.
    The second would be Angus Young.
    Also other great guitarists not on the list.

Brian May- Queen
    Gary Rossington- Lynard Skynard
    Ed King- Lynard Skynard
    Ace Frehley- Kiss
    Josh Homme- Queens of the Stone Age
    Randy Rhodes (my favorite guitarist ever)-Ozzy Ozbourne
    Paul McCartney- The Beatles
    *edit* Kirk Cobain- Nirvana (this man put grundge on the map and was an amazing guitarist)
    I was not going to add Josh Homme since he is not as original as some others but he is great.
    I added Paul for one reason. The song Blackbird is amazing. He plays it like the Muse of God.
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Wed 02 Jan 2008, 8:14 pm

I didn't add anyone because it was from that list but I agree kurt cobain had some wicked guitar riffs, and josh homme of Q.O.T.S.A. Is also pretty good(have all the albums) There are actually quite a few newer guitarists that get over looked because they are in bands that aren't really mainstream. And everyone enjoys different things that people can make a guitar do.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : So..who do you think is the best? Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 02 Jan 2008, 8:31 pm

All the ones I was going to mention have already posted, with the exception of Carlos Santana.. that man can make a guitar sing.
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Kayui Wed 02 Jan 2008, 8:34 pm

omg I forgot about Santana. I am so dumb I have his Album Supernatural and he really is an amazing guitarist.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : So..who do you think is the best? Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 02 Jan 2008, 8:37 pm

I listened to Johnny Lang (I think that's his name) a long time ago. He was only 16 at the time and he had the melodies of Santana and Vaughn tied into together. He was pretty good at the time, but I haven't heard anything from him, or of him in many years.
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Wed 02 Jan 2008, 9:26 pm

I feel like an idiot! How could I forget about Santana?!
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Kayui Wed 02 Jan 2008, 9:36 pm

Or any of the people I mentioned Stan. =P

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content