Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

[solved]Need Help!!!

Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Solved [solved]Need Help!!!

Post by Marijane Wed 27 Jan 2010, 12:03 am

Alright, I am pretty sure that my computer is done for.. but I was wondering if any of you have any ideas what to do..

Last week I kept getting a message that my DCOM was terminating unexpectedly.. well I finally got that fixed.. but now.. I can't download anything.. I cant do anything but simply get on the internet.. my settings keep changing.. I did have a virus.. but my mom got rid of that.. and this laptop is an old one.. and not very good anyway.. I got it for free so I can't complain too much. If any of you have any ideas as to how try and fix this problem that would be great, if not.. that's cool too.. I am already looking for a new laptop. So if you have a website where I could find a cheap, but still decent laptop.. that could help me also. Thanks!!
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : [solved]Need Help!!! Musici10

Solved Re: [solved]Need Help!!!

Post by Watari Wed 27 Jan 2010, 12:10 am

Have you tried wiping your harddrive clean? Doing a reformat solves a lot of issues, it gets rid of everything you have on your harddrive though so if you have pics/music/etc you will want to put them on another computer or a Data CD for the time being. You can find instructions on how to reformat on line and you will need your system disk or something to load windows up to your laptop. Other than that I would say just opt to get a new laptop and cheap laptops you can get from Dell most likely, at least cheap with a decent service plan.
    Ichigobleachfan
    Ichigobleachfan
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Ichigobleachfan Wed 27 Jan 2010, 1:13 am

I agree with Watari, you could always wipe your hard drive, cause that would get rid of it... And maybe you do still have the virus it's just not coming up on your scan... They can get pretty tricky. And it depends on what kind of use of laptop your going to want, because most laptops aren't cheap, I mean, if you want a good one. I mean, because what your going to be doing on your laptop depends on what kind of laptop you get and what brand to get it at. And also what you want to look at when your getting one is the processor, battery life, ram memory, hard drive memory, screen size, and all that good stuff. You also might want to stay away from unknown sites and laptops that were sent back and being resold, like if it's on like the Dell website or something like that, then that's fine, but like Ebay, they could have done something to the laptop first, you never know... Hope that helps! [solved]Need Help!!! 245150
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko Wed 27 Jan 2010, 2:39 am

I would boot in safe mode and run a program called malware bytes that will take care of any malware you might have, if that does not work I would get the restore cd and that will most likely solve the issue [solved]Need Help!!! 693126.
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : [solved]Need Help!!! Musici10

Post by Watari Wed 27 Jan 2010, 3:07 am

I think I just got the surprise of my life... don't ask me why but I didn't expect IBF to be so... techie.. you good lady have surprised me, I guess it makes sense you folks are getting older since I first met ya [solved]Need Help!!! 835480 which ultimately means you're getting wiser and smarter.
    Marijane
    Marijane
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Marijane Wed 27 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm

Wow, I am not sure if I am more confused.. I do know that Ibf.. is *points* Right over there... Looks like I will be having her help me understand this computer talk.. *laughs* Maybe a CAD program is not what I should want to do as a profession Razz

Thanks everyone!!

Last edited by Marijane on Wed 27 Jan 2010, 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Stupid mistakes :P)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content