Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

100,000 Sign up with Attack Watch!?

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : 100,000 Sign up with Attack Watch!? Tradej11

100,000 Sign up with Attack Watch!? Empty 100,000 Sign up with Attack Watch!?

Post by Kyouri Kai Thu 15 Sep 2011, 10:51 am

After altering its original story covering the "hilarity" of the Attack Watch site on "the Internet", the Washington Post updated their article again to include:

Update, Wednesday, 5:11 p.m.

Obama 2012’s press office just returned an earlier request for comment. According to deputy press secretary Katie Hogan, 100,000 people signed up for the site in the first 24 hours.

“This site is a tool providing our supporters with the facts they need to fight back against lies and distortions about the President’s record,” Hogan said.

Just a little thought... how many of those that signed up did so in order to report themselves or to report something even more hilarious than the Attack Watch site's internet birth?

As a side note: I personally visited the #AttackWatch Twitter page yesterday. Noticing that #AttackWatch and I both shared in following another Twitter page, #GlennBeck, I clicked on the list of the Twitter pages they follow. At the bottom of their list is of course, #BarackObama. I do not know for the life of me how or why it showed that my account was also following #BarackObama, for up to that point, I had never even visited his Twitter page, nor was his page listed as being a shared "following" page on the #AttackWatch list.

So user beware - even though you do not literally "follow" someone on Twitter, a visit to #AttackWatch on Twitter may end up raising the numbers for the account known as #BarackObama. Which, for all intents and purposes, should be construed as "lies and distortions about the President's record".