Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

The Boy in the Burning House

Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

The Boy in the Burning House Empty The Boy in the Burning House

Post by Brutefox16 Tue 18 Dec 2007, 12:18 am

Well i just finished this book and i liked it cute here is the thingy that tells u about about the book.

Two years after his father mysteriously dissappared, Jim Hawkins is coping-barley. Underneath he's frozen in uncertainty and grief.
    Then Jim meets Ruth Rose- moody, provocative, the punky, bad-girl stepdaughter of Jim's fathers childhood friend, the town pastor Father Fisher. Ruth Rose shocks Jim out of his stupor when she tells him Father Fisher is a murderer. The she shocks him again. "Don't you want to know whohe murdered?" she asks.
    In spite of his uneasiness, Jim begins to burn with a desire for the truth. What's the real meaning of the strange prayers that Father Fisher intones in his privite sanctuary? Why does Ruth Rose suddenly dissappear? And what really happend on New Year's Eve thirty years ago when a boy died in a burining house?
    Stirring up the embers of the past can be a risky buisiness. As danger closes in and the past threatens to become more unsettling than he can bear, Jim must decide: Should he trust or betray a friend? And should he hold his father's memory sacred- Or dare to confront the truth?
    animeholic_girl
    animeholic_girl
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

The Boy in the Burning House Empty Re: The Boy in the Burning House

Post by animeholic_girl Tue 18 Dec 2007, 1:37 am

Sounds interesting.. I'm gonna look at this book BF. Who's the author by the way? Wink
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Sat 22 Dec 2007, 6:08 pm

blink Author? Umm Idk i returned the book. Right now it is at my school's library, and i am on christmas break so i will find our when i get back.
    IamPein
    IamPein
    san'dan
    san'dan

Post by IamPein Sun 23 Dec 2007, 12:03 pm

animeholic_girl wrote:Sounds interesting.. I'm gonna look at this book BF. Who's the author by the way? Wink

Author: Tim Wynne-Jones

http://www.amazon.com/Boy-Burning-House-Tim-Wynne-Jones/dp/0374309302

I read this one in HS.....it's a pretty good read. You would probably like it.
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Sun 23 Dec 2007, 3:55 pm

Ty i forgot about looking it up on internet evil laugh: Yea it was actually really good. It took a while for me to actually get into reading it. the first couple chapters i didnt care for i don't know idk Y?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content