Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Resident Evil: Extinction

Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Resident Evil: Extinction Tradej11

Resident Evil: Extinction Empty Resident Evil: Extinction

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 05 Jan 2008, 10:23 pm

Who else has seen this, and what did you think about it?

When I first started watching it, I thought my dad's neighbour had accidentally burned the first movie. I liked how it started out like that. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. I can't really remember the second one, even though I saw it, but the first and Extinction were both really good, in my opinion. It's one of those movies that I'd watch again.. and than again later whenever I get bored.
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Resident Evil: Extinction Empty Re: Resident Evil: Extinction

Post by Kayui Sat 05 Jan 2008, 10:31 pm

As a major fan of the Resident Evil games I am disappointed in this one most of all. I mean the first one and second one were flops but this just made it everything 10x worse. I mean they have Claire and Chris, the two most recognizable characters in RE besides Jill...Actually I think Jill was in it as well and they could not put Leon in it? Plus they give a made up character Alice (who was not in any game) mystical powers. I mean basically the only like RE in this movie was the fact it had zombies. I mean the final guy Alice fights in this one Jill killed in the first game. It didn't make much sense to me and I didn't care for it at all.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sat 05 Jan 2008, 10:34 pm

Ah.. I actually forgot it was based upon a game. I've never played any of the games, so yea, I suppose that would have changed my mind, too. Having not played the games, tho, I think they turned out as good movies in their own right. But now that I've seen the movies, and liked them, I don't think I will ever play the games, lest I become disappointed in the movies as well. oops
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Sat 05 Jan 2008, 11:35 pm

Kayui you say the movies were flops but I remember them doing quite well money wise( no star wars or harry potter) but respectable.
    yeah they weren't loyal to the games but that was to try and make it accessible to others like kyo who didn't play them. I've played all of the games but I still enjoyed the films
    KnucklesG
    KnucklesG
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan

Post by KnucklesG Sun 06 Jan 2008, 12:33 am

i saw the first 2... still tryin to watch the 3rd... but it was pretty good Resident Evil: Extinction 245150 i liked Mike Eps in the 2nd one lol "GTA mother f***ers!" Resident Evil: Extinction 693126
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 06 Jan 2008, 12:54 am

I edited your post, KG.

Please be mindful of the language, as there are children that also visit this forum. Thank you.
    Resident Evil: Extinction 693126
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sun 06 Jan 2008, 1:11 am

I haven't seen Extinction, but I have seen the first two. Resident Evil and RE:Apocalypse were ok, they were not the best...nor were they worst. Their are better movies..but these two still get the job done. Probably the only thing that brings the RE series down is that it is based on a video game. If it wasn't, then the movies wouldn't be compared to the game. This comparison is what gave it bad ratings. I've been playing the RE series for a long time, and I saw the first two movies knowing that they wouldn't be 100% true to the game. Did that bother me?...No, it didn't.
    animeholic_girl
    animeholic_girl
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by animeholic_girl Sun 06 Jan 2008, 2:32 am

I've saw all three. 1 and 2 were ok. I enjoyed watching 1 the most. This 3rd one, I didn't. A let down for me. I ended up leaving the movie house halfway through.

I haven't been the fan of the game but I'm familiar with it since my brother plays it. But yeah, the movie didn't do justice for the game, like most book-to-movie flicks out there. And as BP says, it is quite respectable.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : Resident Evil: Extinction Graphi10

Post by blackmamba Sun 06 Jan 2008, 2:43 am

I certainly have to agree with Kayui. If you have played the game (and I'm a big fan of it, too) then you'll be quite disappointed with this movie. If you haven't, then the movie will be okay. But this one's pretty cool, seeing Nemesis and all.
    s1nist4r
    s1nist4r
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by s1nist4r Sun 06 Jan 2008, 12:51 pm

Well I liked all the movies because they had a lot of exciting moments in them. I've played a few of the games and noticed that the movies weren't following the story that the games did but it didn't bother me that much because I didn't expect to see a well made story in such films. I think that the makers of this movie just wanted to make people exited more than to bring them the story of Resident Evil.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content