Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

The Last Samurai

CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

The Last Samurai Empty The Last Samurai

Post by CommanderStarDud Sun 06 Jan 2008, 4:48 pm

I this is a great movie and here is what its about

This movie is about an american captain who at the begining of the movie is fighting the Japenese with his General and is finaly the only one there and fights off some of the samurai but is finaly taken away to there village in witch he is healed and trained as a samurai the leader of the village then takes him back to town where the american troops are the leader is captured and instead of the american captain rejoining the americans he frees the leader with the help of the leaders son some archers and a few samurai even though the americans have guns they make it out alive but the leaders son is killed then the war begins between the Samurai and American forces and if you want to know the rest then watch the movie.

The Last Samurai Photo-10
    IN MEMORY OF THE VIKING SAMURAI

One more thing has anyone else seen this?
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : The Last Samurai Tradej11

The Last Samurai Empty Re: The Last Samurai

Post by Kyouri Kai Sun 06 Jan 2008, 5:41 pm

I love this movie.. I've owned it for a long time. I wish Tom Cruise wasn't in it, even though he did a good job. It had alot of history to it, great scenery, and good acting. Thanks for the reminder; I think I'll relax and watch it again tonight.
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sun 06 Jan 2008, 5:50 pm

I love this movie! One of the best I've seen...I think my stepdad has it. If he does, I'll watch it later tonight.
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Sun 06 Jan 2008, 9:08 pm

Yes this was a pretty good movie and I hate tom cruise so if that isn't a testament to its greatness then I don't know what is, seriously the whole training in the village and becoming samurai was so cool.
    *TsuBasa*
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* Sun 06 Jan 2008, 9:15 pm

oh, my gosh...this is one of my favorite movies. I love Ken Watanabe. I think I kinda have a thing for him... :wub:
    Memoirs of a Geisha did it for me. As for Tom Cruise, I think he did a fine job in this movie. It's one of the few roles he's done where I forget it's Tom Cruise. I see Captain Algren.
    This movie made me shed tears.
    blackmamba
    blackmamba
    kyotou
    kyotou

Knowledge : The Last Samurai Graphi10

Post by blackmamba Mon 07 Jan 2008, 6:16 am

Aw, this is an awesome movie! I love it!! I have a thing for swords. Wink Also.. I have a thing for samurais! The moment I heard this movie was showing, I watched it on the first day. I wish some japanese guy would play a samurai, though. But that's just me..
    Brutefox16
    Brutefox16
    kyotou
    kyotou

Post by Brutefox16 Mon 07 Jan 2008, 11:33 am

I liked this movie,i fact i just watched it on TV. Yea I would liked it better if they had anyone other tham Tom, I would of liked tp see Chuck Norries somone. big grin Jokin, he did good, But still I just don't like tom.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Mon 07 Jan 2008, 1:19 pm

EWwwww..... NOT Chuck Norris!!! Even having Tom Cruise in the movie was better than getting Chuck Norris. *shudders* I agree that it would have been awesome to have a Japanese native as the Last Samurai, but that would have changed the storyline. Well, at least it wasn't Jack Black.
    CommanderStarDud
    CommanderStarDud
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by CommanderStarDud Mon 07 Jan 2008, 5:11 pm

I agree Tom Cruise not so good but he did a good job in this movie but mabye it would be cool if instead of him it was like Jackie Chan or sombody but this is probly my 2nd fav movie
    Kayui
    Kayui
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by Kayui Mon 07 Jan 2008, 7:08 pm

I actually didn't watch this movie mainly because Tom Cruise was in it. Now about all the good feedback about the film I might actually watch it.
    blueeyedwolf
    blueeyedwolf
    shichi'dan
    shichi'dan

Post by blueeyedwolf Mon 07 Jan 2008, 9:26 pm

I highly recommend that you do, it has such a great storyline and some of the battle scenes are really cool, the film does a great job of showcasing the whole truth about a samurai's life even the hari kari, when one is defeated in battle
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Post by Kyouri Kai Tue 08 Jan 2008, 3:39 am

I agree with Bp! The overall movie is a must see!! While I would rather not have had Tom Cruise in the movie, it is not because of his acting, I think he did a superb job!!! It's just that with a film of this caliber, I would have preferred an excellent no-name actor as opposed to one I remember from other movies, like Top Gun and Mission Impossible (which he also did very well in). So don't let Tom Cruise being in the movie throw you, he's actually very good. And despite the fact that he's in it, the movie overshadows him, even though he is the main character, as it is one of those films bound to become a classic.

Last edited by on Tue 08 Jan 2008, 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Fabian920
    Fabian920
    yon'dan
    yon'dan

Post by Fabian920 Tue 08 Jan 2008, 10:49 am

The movie producers have different views than us, also it's more likely to have a popular actor than a no-name to raise film's reputation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content