Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!
Anime∙Dohyou
Please sign in to access your account or reply to posts. If you are not a member, you may still view and enjoy the majority of the site, but why not register? It's free!

Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009

Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Knowledge : Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Musici10

Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Empty Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009

Post by Watari Mon 24 Nov 2008, 5:59 pm

I'm hoping that many have heard this already but in case you haven't here is a link to Dattebayo's lengthy description as to what will be in store for the future of Naruto.
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Seems that this quote says it all, "Viz, the US licensor of Naruto, will be offering streaming viewing of Naruto for free a week after it airs in Japan."
    Anyway I didn't see this posted on here so yea. I'll have to follow this up closely.
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Tradej11

Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Empty Re: Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009

Post by Kyouri Kai Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:06 am

I respect DB's reason for dropping the show, but sure don't like it. I don't like the idea of having to watch it on Crunchyroll, which is inferior quality to what we can view after downloading a DB sub. And paying for it on the day of release, or waiting a week to watch it for free? I want to download the eps in order to have them for all time, and I want DB's subbed version, not someone else's that will be lame translations. This really is a sad day. Thanks for the news, Watari. Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 927732
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Empty Re: Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009

Post by stan_da_man Tue 25 Nov 2008, 2:13 pm

for now, I'm going to say that this a well thought out troll
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Tue 25 Nov 2008, 4:16 pm

I don't think this this a troll, they seem pretty serious on this and Viz is looking for ways to up their fan base for their Naruto Line (not like all the little american kids aren't already eating Naruto up) but I think they want to dip into the fansubbers numbers as well. Post from Viz.com
    So it's already started so I won't doubt if this is a real post, either way fansubbing groups are going to probably going to have to submit to the corporate rules here soon, they said they can probably go on but how long with Viz turn a blind eye to DB? I really think DB is just ready to move on with Naruto and let Viz deal with it and hopefully DB will pick up new anime to sub.
    KageSenko
    KageSenko
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by KageSenko Tue 25 Nov 2008, 10:10 pm

well that sux :O, good thing i only read the manga now xD
    hollow-ichigo-fan-boy
    hollow-ichigo-fan-boy
    go'dan
    go'dan

Post by hollow-ichigo-fan-boy Tue 25 Nov 2008, 11:38 pm

Well I suppose I should respect their desision. Thank god for the manga! I really will miss watching it though....at least they cut it after Asuma's death otherwise id be wondering how it would have looked anime style. Bye bye Naruto anime bye
    sharingan09
    sharingan09
    hachi'dan
    hachi'dan

Post by sharingan09 Wed 26 Nov 2008, 7:46 am

Damn... this sucks bad, I dont wanna watch Naruto a whole WEEK after it comes out thats just bs.. >< DB was the shiz and now its ending..
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Wed 26 Nov 2008, 6:23 pm

Unfortunately that's the reality we'll probably to live with, it's sad but we all knew that fansubbing can't go on forever, even DB would have to obey a C&D if they were served with one by Viz, so in essence this is probabl the best business move DB can make for themselves in respects to Viz.

I don't like it any more than the next person but life is life (as it stands I'm 3 weeks behind... CRY!)
    Kyouri Kai
    Kyouri Kai
    Founder

Knowledge : Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 Tradej11

Post by Kyouri Kai Wed 26 Nov 2008, 8:06 pm

According to DB's announcement, this is not a troll. And while it's great that they waited until after the death of Asuma, I would really rather watch and download DB's sub of the battles with Jiraiya and Pein and Sasuke and Itachi. I don't want to have to pay Crunchyroll for the downloads, especially when there are going to be several eps of each battle, and because Crunchyroll's shows aren't that great in quality compared to DB's. And let's not forget about the below par translations others do.

But Watari is right.. that's life.. unfortunately. And we don't have to like it, tho. However, I'm sure there will be some decent sub group that'll get a copy of the episodes we really want to watch and sub them for us for free download.

Again, I respect DB's decision, but think the whole thing sucks!
    *TsuBasa*
    *TsuBasa*
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by *TsuBasa* Sat 29 Nov 2008, 6:17 pm

My goodness!
    Now while I've never really been a fan of Naruto...this is an incredible shock!
    and it scares me as i'm sure it scares the entire fansubbing world...
    i have to agree that Viz did put up with quite a lot and I guess this really was in DB's best interests...but the loss of quality fans will have to deal with is a shame...

What other animes will they target next?!
    stan_da_man
    stan_da_man
    S-Class
    S-Class

Post by stan_da_man Sun 30 Nov 2008, 10:38 pm

If they target Bleach, I will personally kick their ass from my own bedroom. I'll kick the air, and they will feel it. And it will hurt.
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Mon 01 Dec 2008, 3:19 pm

Well I'm sure Bleach will be the next target but I think they stated that they have no intentions of cutting out Bleach quite yet, but I think if you give it some time it'll catch on, but I also think Bleach isn't as popular in the states yet as Naruto is HUGE but lets hope they don't drop da Bleach action any time soon Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 693126
    Watari
    Watari
    roku'dan
    roku'dan

Post by Watari Thu 04 Dec 2008, 1:00 pm

For anyone that has any questions about this DB dropping Naruto here is a link to their forum feedback section dedicated to just this topic, you should be able to find all your answers and then some on here Dattebayo to Drop Naruto on 01/15/2009 693126

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content